The Ministerratsprotokolle der Habsburgermonarchie und Österreich-Ungarns are a major corpus of governmental documents stemming from the Habsburg Monarchy’s administrative legacy.
Covering nearly sixty years of government, the minutes of the Ministerial Council are one of the few edited resources that on the one hand display the inner workings of the Monarchy’s governments,
and on the other hand a huge data mine full of prosopographic, political, administrative, economic, cultural, and social information in general on the other.
The minutes are critically edited at the INZ by the research unit Cultural Heritage: Biography and Editions in a long-term research project of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Citation data for the Ministerratsprotokolle published in book form are available in BibTeX format here and as a TEI
, printed books can be ordered here.
Additional bibliographic reference resources from previous published volumes have been extracted and re-curated: This has been published as a separate BibTeX file with open licence.
This demo application has the purpose of showcasing current Digital Humanities research.
It presents research data from the INZ that has in part been derived from generic XML data of retro-digitized printed books available at https://hw.oeaw.ac.at/ministerrat/.
listEventcode samples (work in progress, e.g.
listPersonof session attendants is still missing) have originally been developed as a use case for a joint paper for the TEI 2019 annual conference in Graz which discusses the relation between different dated
listEventdata is CC-BY 4.0 licenced. We’d be happy if you let us know how you use the data…
- TEI data for sample ministerial council sessions. It has been prepared for presentation during the INFuture 2019 conference. The full paper can be accessed here as a PDF.
- Moreover, we provide sample minutes documents in .docx format
- Due to unsolved licencing issues, we are not able to publish TEI derivates of the generic XML data that is available under "Open Access" conditions.
- Reading this text is allowed.
- Sources for this demo app are available on GitHub.
- Sources for data to be viewed with this demo app are available on GitHub.
- Additional BibTeX data from MRP sources are also available on GitHub.